What's up, Block? - November 20 to 26, 2021
Updates for partners and friends on building the Meta Blocks Protocol
Welcome to the first issue of “What’s up, block?”, our update aggregation for partners and friends. We are testing out a public update to start with. In future, we might make this private.
It has been a lovely last week for the Meta Blocks protocol.
- A fund closely connected to MonkeDAO 🦍and other famous NFT projects agreed to join the cap table 💫 (verbal commitment 🙊). Their support will make it easy to onboard existing projects as partners in the Meta Blocks universe
- In terms of seed round, there is enough interest to close right now, but we think it’s important to bring a few more strategic partners 🤝
- Sarthak is working in full swing to hire a senior 3d artist 👩🏼🎨 - about 10 interviews scheduled for the next week
- We already had partners to help with Smart Contract and Android app development. We have asked them to start the initial research and a proof-of-concept (We are paying them out of pocket 💸)
- Figured out a way to manage combinatoric explosion of our avatars using the awesome work done by an open-source project called comicgen (https://gramener.com/comicgen/) - Our 🤖 avatars will be built on top of their foundations
- We published two articles 📝 - one about protocol (https://metablocks.world/blog/clay-bricks-vs-legos) and other about our insights (https://metablocks.world/blog/lets-start-with-blocks) : retweets are much appreciated
- Tweet to amplify:
- We are hosting a 🐦Twitter Space with @solNFTradar on “The Metaverse belongs to YOU”. Please join us and bring your friends 🤗. Sarthak will reach out with details.
- India is going to ban crypto (yet again 😅) but this time it’s a bill not a draft. This means that crypto businesses will face hurdles, so we decided against an Indian entity
- We are in talks with a law firm 💼 in Singapore, a law firm in Mumbai and two online services that help setting up a crypto friendly entity. Figuring out liquidity and invoicing issues. Hope this will be done soon.
Our most immediate hurdle is to get a legal entity and receive funds. The hiring aspect is under control! We’ll be publishing a roadmap soon.
If you have any questions, please reach me on email, telegram or discord.
At Meta Blocks, we are building the NFT upgradation protocol. Drop your details to get notified when we launch 💁🏼♀️