What's up, Block? - November 20 to December 10, 2021
Updates for partners and friends on building the Meta Blocks Protocol
Welcome back to “What’s up, block?”, our update aggregation for partners and friends.
The last two weeks have been hectic, but the progress has been good. Meta Blocks has grown to a community of 1000 strong across channels. Thank you all for your support 🙏 this is just the beginning.
- We've set up our legal entities and figured out our invoicing and liquidity issues, thanks to the law firms we spoke to in Singapore. 💼
- We recieved our first tranch of liquidity 💵, so we're going in buidl mode.
- We've stopped actively seeking investors and strategic partners for our seed round, but there's still space for some "big dogs" that have shown their interest.
- Sarthak has shortlisted a handful of promising 3D artists and we'll close soon. 👩🏼🎨
- We've partnered with a digital fashion brand 👗 who'll release their clothing as drops for Meta Blocks avatar.
- Shivek published an article 📝 - The Metaverse Belongs to You (https://metablocks.world/blog/the-metaverse-belongs-to-you). TL;DR: The big corpos like Facebook and Microsoft won't give you the ownership of your items in their Metaverse and will lock you withthin their ecosytsem. We need to fight that, together! 💪
- We're hosted our first Twitter Space.
- We released Meta Knights, a community reward NFT.
- Tweet to amplify:
- Everything seems to be under control.
Our most immediate hurdle is to ship the protocol on time (before the end of 2021), so other projects can start building upgradeable NFTs.
If you're a project who'd like to use our protocol or a make drops for our avatars (like clothing), please reach out to please reach me via email or Discord.
At Meta Blocks, we are building the NFT upgradation protocol. Drop your details to get notified when we launch 💁🏼♀️
The Metaverse belongs to you
Corporations will do their best to restrict you to their universe and it's time we start fighting to stay free
By Shivek Khurana 🍀
December 5, 2021